19 February 2008

A day of corporate shooting

NZBlogPhoto63-2008-02-19-02-09.jpeg
Since starting full-time work as a project manager installing Macs in a large Wellington business there hasn't been much time for film making, but my theory is that once I'm busy I'll get more done.

So in that spirit I took on a corporate job filming and editing an investor day for another local company. It means shooting on a tripod all day contending with the vagaries of wireless mics, feeble spotlights and indifferent backgrounds. On the other hand I know more now about transport mega-trends, Australian electricity markets and NZ renewable futures than I need to.

Working with an assistant has turned out to be invaluable to a smooth day. Just having someone to help run cables, set up the tripod and give a hand makes life so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment